Syria Al Gad Relief Foundation began its relief work as an emergency response to the deteriorating conditions within Syria due to warfare that resulted in an extreme lack in basic services and severe living conditions. After the deterioration of the situation of the Syrian people as a result of recent political events, a humanitarian crisis erupted, and individual attempts can no longer make an impact. Thus, Syria Al Gad was born as a result of this understanding, that the individual work that started at the beginning of the conflict will be more effective if done at an organizational scale. As an apolitical organization, Syria Al Gad depends on various funding sources, mainly through our various partnerships with international humanitarian organizations, charitable businessmen, and development projects. Syria Al Gad strives to develop and diversify its sources of funding to fulfil the needs of those benefitting from it.
Syria Al Gad Relief Foundation is a civil humanitarian organisation whose goal is two-fold: to rebuild Syrian society away from sectarian, political and tribal identities through sustainable development projects that create career opportunities and to provide basic living needs to the Syrian people devastated by the civil war.
Syria Al Gad was born as a result of the understanding that individual efforts to respond to the humanitarian crisis in Syria, though vitally important, are more effective when combined at an organisational scale. The organisation began its relief work as an emergency response to the deteriorating conditions within Syria due to warfare which resulted in an extreme lack of basic services and severe living conditions. Its particular aims include:
• Striving to aid Syrian refugees by providing them with basic living necessities• Cultivating the skills and talents of Syrian society
• Providing an environment that provides Syrian children with quality education
• Creating a professional culture of non-profit work in Syrian society through development training• Harnessing the energy and talents of the youth by creating opportunities to volunteer for worthwhile social projects
• Cultivating strategic and profitable networks with local and international organizations
• Creating and developing social projects which focus on the betterment of society As an apolitical entity, Syria Al Gad depends on various funding sources, mainly through various partnerships with international humanitarian organisations, charitable businessmen, and development projects. Syria Al Gad strives to develop and diversify its sources of funding to fulfil the needs of those benefiting from it.